Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mitch Eichblatt Going Vertical November 9, 2008

Hey folks, this is Mitch. I've signed up for the Go Vertical 2008 fundraiser for cancer in Chicago, IL. The Go Vertical fundraiser is a stair climbing event in which 2250 participants will climb the stairwells to the top of the Sears Tower, which is currently the tallest building in the United States. I'll be 15 years old when I climb the tower, and it'll be a heck of a story to tell.



I was inspired by an episode of Kenan & Kel that I was watching a friday night after school. Kenan wanted to declare his love for a girl named Brianna, and decided to hang a banner off the Sears Tower declaring his love for her. The idea came to me that I'd love to be at the top of that building, and I looked into it. I found out about Go Vertical 2008 and decided that I was going to do it, if it kills me.

For more info on Go Vertical 2008, go to:
http://www.goverticalchicago.org/

For more info on the Sears Tower, go to:
http://www.searstower.com/

To talk to me, email me at bikeacrossamerica@hotmail.com (I am NOT the webmaster of bikeacrossamerica.org)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

awesome! I'm sure you will make it...just pace yourself. Enjoy the view from the top.

Anonymous said...

Go Mitch! Take some pictures when you get to the top, I want to see that view.